Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Importance of Converging Media in Everyday Life

As a media student in the 21st century, the convergence of many forms of media is relevant and apparent in my daily life.  Three out of the four classes that I am taking this semester revolve around different aspects of media.  In my Media in the Digital Age class, the topic of convergence itself is the foundation for the class as we study film, camerawork and other forms of technology.  In my music class, we learn about the fundamentals of music and how it relates to culture and society.  This is particularly important to me because music is one form of media I find most interesting.  In my Basic Reporting class, our main focus is creating news stories that are about and affect Hunter Students. We use the internet to upload our news stories so they may be viewed online. Also, some stories are published in the Hunter newspaper.  Speaking of news, different sources the media uses to deliver news to the public greatly affects my daily life.  For local news I can pick up a newspaper or turn on the five o’clock news, however I am originally from California and all of my family still lives there, so news in the bay area is important to me as well. This is where the internet becomes a very resourceful tool.  From San Francisco politics to sports, all the news I need is a click away on cyberspace. Different types of media are important in a leisurely aspect of my everyday life as well.  Some of my greatest interests lie within the realm of media such as music, film, and television. From academics to current events to hobbies, media is an inevitable force in my everyday living.    

No comments:

Post a Comment