Monday, May 9, 2011

A Look Back at the Semester: Media 160 Spring 2011

All in all I can say that I have valued and appreciate my time spent this semester in Media 160. Throughout its course, I have learned new and interesting techniques in creating multi media and have met cool people in doing so.

Right off the bat, I enjoyed working on the podcast project because that was the first real exposure I had to final cut and editing different sound files to make a creative and unique whole interview coupled with sound effects. 

I also enjoyed, in lecture, learning about how the making of a film works including the roles of all those involved in the process.  This has always been something that I wanted to learn more about and I’m glad that lecture enabled me to do so.

The video assignment was both fun and good for experience I just wish that we had more time to edit our final video.  We spent a lot of time that could have been used for editing on converting files and I thought that was unfortunate.

The creative aspect of the midterm is something that I liked about the class as well.  Instead of a standard test, I liked that we got a real “hands on” experience of what it takes to prepare for a film from a treatment to a sample of what our actual script would look like.  The midterm helped deepen my knowledge of film production in a fun and creative way.  I’ve always wondered the technicalities of creating a script and what it would actually be like and this midterm gave me a sneak peek and real life valuable knowledge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment